As an Amazon Associate Playpedalsteel.com earns from qualifying purchases. This page contains affiliate links.
C Major Scale
Utilize the major scale on common positions of the fretboard using foot pedals.
Modes of C Major
Use the modes of the C major scale in the open pedal position to play over chord changes.
Minor Pentatonic Scale
Diagrams that display the minor pentatonic scale notes on the E9 fretboard.
Major Pentatonic Scale
Use these diagrams as a reference tool, or memorization aid for your practice and playing.
Major Scale Diagrams
Diagrams that display the major scale notes on the E9 fretboard. Almost all of the keys are provided.
With tasteful use, the blues scale can go a long ways in many musical styles and playing environments.
Tabs that display the major scale harmonized in thirds…combine these with harmonized sixths, and single note runs for lots of playing possibilities.
There’s nothing like the beautiful sound of harmonized sixths played on the pedal steel tabs that display the major scale harmonized in sixths.
Harmonized Sixths (Pockets)
Tabs that display the major scale harmonized in sixths…these pockets or positions on the fretboard are great to utilize when playing.
Harmonized Sixths – Minor Scale & Modes
Having options for playing minor scales or modes in 6ths can be beneficial when playing in minor keys, over chord vamps, and over certain chords in a progression.
Harmonized Sixths – Mixolydian Scale
For blues, rock, jazz, and many other styles, using the Mixolydian scale in the form of harmonized sixths can be a great avenue for musical expression.
E9 Pedal Steel
Note chart for the E9 pedal steel neck. It can help with memorizing note names/positions, locating pockets, learning key signatures, and more.
C6 Pedal Steel
Note chart for the C6 pedal steel neck. Great for diving into single note playing possibilities and runs on the tuning.
Riffs, Fills, & Licks…
Thanks for checking out this post, hope it is helpful and makes playing more enjoyable! If you’re interested in diving deeper into playing chords and scales on E9 pedal steel, check out these guides…
The Chord Guide for E9 Pedal Steel (E-Book, Digital Download)
Learn the chords on the E9 neck in a way that makes playing simple and enjoyable…
- Almost Every Chord You’ll Ever Need for E9
- Intuitive and Easy to Use
- Make Use of Pedal and Lever Combinations
- Example Tabs of Chord Movements
- Easily Utilize the Nashville Number System
- Great For Any Key and Style of Music
Includes a bonus section of over a hundred pages of extra chord charts, key references, and more!
More Digital Downloads for Pedal Steel…
The Scale Book for E9 Pedal Steel
Over 1,000 Pages with Tabs and Diagrams!
- Easy to Use Reference for Practicing
- All Major and Minor Pentatonic Scales, Modes, Major Scales
- All Keys, and Covers the Fretboard
- Includes Pockets of Scales
The Art of Right Hand Technique
A detailed look at one of the most challenging and mysterious aspects of steel guitar playing: the right hand…
- An In-Depth Guide to Picking and Blocking
- How to Efficiently and Accurately Play Notes on Steel Guitar with Info, Advice, and Tips…
- Great for Pedal Steel, Lap Steel, and Console Steel Guitar
- Over 100 Pages with Graphics, Illustrations, & Practice Exercises
200 Country Riffs & Licks for E9 Pedal Steel
Add these country licks to your playing repertoire…
- Easy to Read Format
- Includes Rhythmic Notation
- Playing Over Chord Changes
- Great for Country, Alt-Country, & Honky-Tonk Styles
The Elixir of E9 Pedal Steel: Harmonized 6ths